DiscographyDB

Make your voice be heard by joining our weekly Saturday chatsessions!
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 SC chatsession 7: 2008-06-21

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dmaxx
Admin, Manager


Number of posts : 908
Age : 28
Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: SC chatsession 7: 2008-06-21   Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:58 pm

Times are CET+1

[16:38:23] @ ultra_ambient : 2
[16:38:37] ultra_ambient is Disconnected on Sat 21 Jun 2008 - 16:38
[16:44:05] Iron_Fist has joined the chat the Sat 21 Jun 2008 - 16:44
[16:44:25] Iron_Fist : ok, let's see what happens
[16:47:18] ultra_ambient has joined the chat the Sat 21 Jun 2008 - 16:47
[16:47:48] @ ultra_ambient : HEllo Iron Fist
[16:48:02] Iron_Fist : hello
[16:48:21] Iron_Fist : how are you this morning/afternoon/"evening?
[16:48:28] @ ultra_ambient : What's going on?
[16:48:35] Iron_Fist : not much
[16:48:41] Iron_Fist : just woke up
[16:49:06] @ ultra_ambient : Evening. I am fine thanks
[16:49:29] Iron_Fist : I think I'm gonna go make myself a small breakfast and come back ASAP
[16:49:38] Iron_Fist : I'll be back soon
[16:49:46] @ ultra_ambient : And I'm going to sleep soon Razz
[16:53:36] ultra_ambient is Disconnected on Sat 21 Jun 2008 - 16:53
[16:54:03] Iron_Fist : I'm back with a bowl of cereals
[16:54:18] deejsasqui has joined the chat the Sat 21 Jun 2008 - 16:54
[16:54:32] Iron_Fist : howdie
[16:54:37] @ deejsasqui : morning!
[16:55:04] @ deejsasqui : how are you?
[16:55:12] Iron_Fist : what's up deejsasqui?
[16:56:01] @ deejsasqui : not much .. it's warm here in Central California - record-breaking heat the last two days, and finally it'll cool down today (hopefully)
[16:56:03] Iron_Fist : fine
[16:56:14] Iron_Fist : thakns
[16:56:54] @ deejsasqui : I was thinking of going swimming, but I thought I should check to see if anyone was online =)
[16:57:01] Iron_Fist : Smile seems quite the opposite around here. We'd like to see some nice days
[16:57:12] Iron_Fist : lucky fella
[16:57:39] Iron_Fist : waters are around 60-70- around here
[16:57:41] @ deejsasqui : yesterday peaked at 114 degrees f in some parts of the city
[16:57:47] @ deejsasqui : ooh - where are you again?
[16:58:21] Iron_Fist : Québec, french connection of Canada
[16:58:45] @ deejsasqui : gotcha
[16:58:58] @ deejsasqui : I've visited in the years past .. but it's been a while
[16:59:21] @ deejsasqui : I just read this on wunderground.com:
[16:59:27] @ deejsasqui : Excessive heat warning in effect from 11 am this morning to to 8 PM PDT this evening
[16:59:31] Iron_Fist : really? cool. which city exactly, do you remmeber?
[16:59:35] @ deejsasqui : crimeney!
[16:59:57] Iron_Fist : lol
[17:00:41] Iron_Fist : CA, I bet it's a dry climate, is it?
[17:00:57] @ deejsasqui : Toronto, and some other areas .. I realize now it's been 15 years or so
[17:01:18] @ deejsasqui : somehow, I forget that it's been 10 years since I graduated high school
[17:01:39] ultra_ambient has joined the chat the Sat 21 Jun 2008 - 17:01
[17:01:41] @ deejsasqui : and the 1990s seem closer than they are =)
[17:01:56] @ deejsasqui : that was a quick nap ultra
[17:02:29] dmaxx has joined the chat the Sat 21 Jun 2008 - 17:02
[17:02:35] @ dmaxx : Hi all
[17:02:42] Iron_Fist : howdie dmaxx
[17:02:55] Iron_Fist : how are you today?
[17:03:01] @ deejsasqui : howdy dmaxx
[17:03:32] @ dmaxx : Everything ok Smile
[17:03:50] Iron_Fist : shall we wait and see if hmvh joins the chatroom until we begin discussing site issues ?
[17:03:52] @ ultra_ambient : Nah, I'll be going to bed later
[17:04:25] @ dmaxx : Let's start now, in case he can't be here
[17:04:42] @ dmaxx : Should we continue with the SC/SSC system?
[17:05:49] @ deejsasqui : it seems that a lot of people thought the sc would come up with all the answers
[17:05:54] @ dmaxx : Yep
[17:06:01] @ deejsasqui : unfortunately, we lost steam
[17:06:16] @ dmaxx : That's could be one of the reasons the activity from nonSC members dropped
[17:06:42] @ dmaxx : Maybe we could open the SC for everyone?
[17:06:46] @ ultra_ambient : My computer's really playing up tonight
[17:07:09] @ deejsasqui : I like the idea of having a core of dedicated people who make sure we make progress towards some goals, but perhaps we shouldn't make it a set group?
[17:07:42] @ dmaxx : True, that's also an option
[17:07:53] @ dmaxx : Without elections maybe?
[17:08:09] Iron_Fist : yep agreed with deej
[17:08:14] @ deejsasqui : yeah, at least for now when nothing is erally set up
[17:08:19] @ deejsasqui : really
[17:08:31] @ dmaxx : I agree
[17:08:34] @ dmaxx : Same for the SSCs
[17:09:06] @ deejsasqui : when we get a working db of sorts, we could then work on having more stable people, but now we're just trying to figure out how to make it all work
[17:10:01] Iron_Fist : so does everyone here want to have a basic db set up first?
[17:10:23] @ dmaxx : I can't code, but I'm willing to do anything else
[17:10:35] @ dmaxx : For example writing the submissions guidelines
[17:10:48] @ dmaxx : I might start with it soon, I have vacation for three months now
[17:10:56] @ deejsasqui : Iron Fist: I was thinking about that ...
[17:11:08] @ deejsasqui : dmaxx: I think that would be really helpful
[17:11:12] ultra_ambient is Disconnected on Sat 21 Jun 2008 - 17:11
[17:11:16] @ dmaxx : Basic DB is ok
[17:11:20] Iron_Fist : the problem is, without assurance that it will happen, it might not be motivating working on the guidelines
[17:11:32] @ dmaxx : As long as the first entries are marked as v1 standard
[17:11:43] ultra_ambient has joined the chat the Sat 21 Jun 2008 - 17:11
[17:11:49] @ deejsasqui : dmaxx: agreed
[17:12:07] @ dmaxx : I'm not worried about the motivation to work on guidelines
[17:12:15] Iron_Fist : I'm not totally for a basic database...
[17:12:26] @ dmaxx : I'm sure we have a dedicated team who want to set new standards of quality
[17:12:35] @ deejsasqui : I think that's generally not a bad idea - we all saw Discogs progress through various versions, adding more information as we found it could be useful
[17:12:38] @ dmaxx : Iron_Fist: only at the beginning
[17:12:42] Iron_Fist : there are many reasons why I'm against it
[17:12:44] @ dmaxx : To show people we have _something_
[17:13:02] Iron_Fist : yeah, but in the case of Discogs it was a big mistake IMHO
[17:13:22] @ dmaxx : Maybe open up the DB for a certain amount of releases? Testreleases? For example 1000 max?
[17:13:31] @ dmaxx : With a limited number of contributors
[17:13:51] @ dmaxx : A closed beta environment
[17:13:55] @ deejsasqui : I imagine the same could happen with DDb - I don't think we could ever pin down everything we wanted from day 1. So each release is automatically tagged when it's submitted and you could see that when you edit a submission
[17:14:32] @ dmaxx : We could start with 1000 releases, and not continue afterwards until those are fixed
[17:14:38] hmvh has joined the chat the Sat 21 Jun 2008 - 17:14
[17:14:52] Iron_Fist : With our lack of coders, we certainly won't be able to pin down everything we wanted
[17:14:53] @ hmvh : Howdy!
[17:14:57] @ dmaxx : They should be added by dedicated submitters though
[17:15:01] @ dmaxx : Hi hmvh
[17:15:06] Iron_Fist : howdy hmvh!
[17:15:34] @ hmvh : Is anything (still) happening?
[17:15:48] @ deejsasqui : we're discussing routes to take
[17:15:48] Iron_Fist : dmaxx, perhaps I could agree more with your idea of limited contributors and submissions
[17:15:54] @ dmaxx : We are now discussing whether or not we want a Basic DB to start with first
[17:15:55] @ deejsasqui : 1. probably disband sc/ssc
[17:15:56] @ hmvh : brb
[17:16:16] @ deejsasqui : 2. work on what we can, which might just be guidelines for nwo
[17:16:34] @ dmaxx : Iron_Fist: yep, so releases are being added for testing purposes and to show we have _something_ to begin with
[17:18:01] Iron_Fist : But to the point where we reach the limit of submissions, I don't think we should upgrade gradually, but actually improve it to the final version so we limit later updates
[17:18:23] @ dmaxx : Completely agreed!
[17:18:32] @ deejsasqui : if we're reaching to non-discogs people, having a set of guidelines as goals would make sense
[17:18:34] @ dmaxx : That's why we need dedicated submitters at the beginning
[17:18:42] @ dmaxx : To fix their releases to new standards later on
[17:18:45] @ deejsasqui : I think we have a good lot of those =)
[17:18:47] Iron_Fist : that's my main concern of a test version: the number of updates it will create later
[17:19:07] @ dmaxx : It's should only be one
[17:19:39] @ deejsasqui : we could work out a way of adding all extra data to the notes field, and tagging the notes so it'll be easy to update later
[17:19:41] @ dmaxx : Or, more drastically, a test DB which will be emptied at the end of the test phase
[17:20:01] @ deejsasqui : yeah
[17:20:03] Iron_Fist : deej: like that idea
[17:20:07] @ deejsasqui : that was another idea
[17:20:26] @ dmaxx : Anyone for the drastical idea?
[17:20:30] @ deejsasqui : like Discogs now has: all credits are entered, but still aren't broken up
[17:20:50] @ deejsasqui : I don't think we can rule out any option now, without anybody do code things yet =)
[17:21:05] @ dmaxx : True
[17:21:34] Iron_Fist : dmaxx: don't really mind about the drastical idea
[17:21:53] @ hmvh : I'm going to really blunt:
[17:22:19] @ hmvh : We had some great ideas... some really fantastic premises and concepts.
[17:22:47] @ hmvh : We had a solid SC and a few SSCs but the dedication went.
[17:22:57] @ hmvh : What we lacked are coders.
[17:23:12] Iron_Fist : truth is told
[17:23:23] @ hmvh : Coders unfortunately (by the nature that they are... coders) failed to see the big picture that there's a lot of...
[17:23:52] @ hmvh : ...preparation work before there's ANYTHING TANGIBLE even remotely resembling a final product or even a gamma, let alone a beta.
[17:24:08] @ hmvh : Kerg suggested that we come up with a very bare-bones system.
[17:24:43] @ hmvh : I understand why he said that but can be hardly any more against that idea.
[17:25:12] @ hmvh : Unfortunately, that requires patience, and being the hurt discogs reactionaries we are, that's something few of us wanted to go for.
[17:25:37] @ dmaxx : Basic system to start with, yes
[17:25:46] @ dmaxx : Not affecting quality on the long run
[17:26:00] @ hmvh : In another post I even jokingly said that someone should pay my bills for six months, lock me in a dark room and there's your db afterwards.
[17:26:11] Iron_Fist : are you for the basic system hmvh?
[17:26:24] Iron_Fist : I remember that quote
[17:26:36] @ hmvh : Above it was suggested that we should have a BB system, leaving them all to get updated. Sure... BB with how many released... 10? 1000?
[17:27:04] @ hmvh : No, I'm against the basic system but I fear it might be the only way to keep this dream alive.
[17:27:16] @ deejsasqui : if we do have a limited initial system, we should talk about what we want to accomplish with it
[17:27:23] @ dmaxx : We should lock the BB to a certain limit
[17:27:40] @ dmaxx : It would more serve as a test DB than a real one
[17:27:43] @ deejsasqui : is it just to show we are making progress, or is it to find all the fields we need?
[17:27:46] Iron_Fist : agreed with you hmvh
[17:27:53] @ hmvh : Me, personally, I'm collecting submittibles at an alarming rate. It styarted before v4, now it's impossible to stop. I ain';t throwing it all away (or selling it) because that's some funky shit I've been collecting...
[17:28:06] @ dmaxx : I'd even agree on removing all releases afterwardsand restart from scratch
[17:28:08] Iron_Fist : I'm pretty much against it, but I feel it's needed in a certain way
[17:28:36] @ hmvh : I've considered throwing in both towels and coding my own db at some point. At least, that wasy, it motivates me to teach myself.
[17:28:45] @ hmvh : OK, I'm done rambling.
[17:28:51] Iron_Fist : dmaxx: that's an idea that could suite all of us here
[17:29:21] @ dmaxx : hmvh: would you agree on a BB which will be deleted afterwards?
[17:29:29] Iron_Fist : anyone had any contact with ShampooCell lately?
[17:29:33] @ dmaxx : So a BB just for testing purposes
[17:29:39] @ dmaxx : No
[17:30:02] Iron_Fist : He seemed pretty motivated about doing all the coding by himself
[17:30:05] @ hmvh : @dmaxx: yes. A dummy system is needed, of course. No question.
[17:30:14] Iron_Fist : but he all so suddenly disappeared
[17:30:25] @ dmaxx : I know...
[17:30:31] @ dmaxx : Haven't seen him since
[17:30:46] Iron_Fist : any chance of trying to reach him by e-mail dmaxx?
[17:30:53] @ deejsasqui : I think I've seen him active on Discogs, but I could be wrong
[17:31:07] Iron_Fist : he certainly can't be dead
[17:31:15] @ dmaxx : I have his e-mail
[17:31:38] Iron_Fist : perhaps he's just working on his code and waiting to give us a big surprise Smile
[17:31:51] @ dmaxx : Smile
[17:32:50] @ ultra_ambient : uhem
[17:33:01] Iron_Fist : so deej, have you worked on the other forums recruiting coders?
[17:34:06] @ dmaxx : Welcome message draft: http://discogs.actieforum.com/about-f1/should-we-have-a-welcome-message-for-new-users-t178.htm#5925
[17:34:16] @ dmaxx : It will be sent to new users
[17:34:22] @ dmaxx : When they register
[17:34:54] @ deejsasqui : iron fist: not yet, I was planning on doing that today
[17:35:01] Iron_Fist : you're right deej, he's still "busy" on discogs: http://www.discogs.com/submissions?user=ShampooCell#item=release/1373899
[17:35:02] @ deejsasqui : and asking a bunch of questions, too
[17:35:23] @ deejsasqui : such as: is it better to shoot for a more complete system first, or is it OK to start with basics
[17:35:36] @ deejsasqui : etc etc.


Last edited by dmaxx on Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.discogs.com/user/dmaxx
dmaxx
Admin, Manager


Number of posts : 908
Age : 28
Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: SC chatsession 7: 2008-06-21   Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:59 pm

[17:35:56] @ ultra_ambient : I would've had more done by now but things at work have change drastically in the last couple of weeks
[17:35:59] @ hmvh : @deej... yes, both to show we are making progress and it to find all the fields we need.
[17:36:31] @ hmvh : That's why I requested wacky examples.
[17:36:59] @ dmaxx : Oh yes, I still have to post some of these
[17:37:05] @ dmaxx : I'll opt for some obscure cassettes
[17:38:01] @ hmvh : I'm after stuff that breaks the standard artist / title / format / label / track listing conventions.
[17:38:15] @ dmaxx : I'll see what I can do Smile
[17:39:18] Iron_Fist : Is everyone for breaking up the SC? I think that's one decision that has to be clear at the end of the day
[17:39:28] @ dmaxx : I'll try to post those examples today or tomorrow
[17:39:41] @ dmaxx : I'm for opening the SC for everyone
[17:40:01] @ ultra_ambient : It should break up. There is not enough acticity at the moment to justify having an SCC.
[17:40:08] Iron_Fist : shall we make a poll to ask the majority?
[17:40:11] @ deejsasqui : agreed
[17:40:19] @ deejsasqui : iron fist: yes
[17:40:31] @ hmvh : Regardless of what we choose, someone needs to drive things along.
[17:40:39] @ deejsasqui : so it's not just a decision by the 5 people who are awake at this time =)
[17:41:01] @ dmaxx : Poll is good
[17:41:12] Iron_Fist : hmvh: what do you mean?
[17:41:32] @ dmaxx : We need a leader
[17:41:35] Iron_Fist : who will?
[17:41:37] @ dmaxx : Or a group of leaders
[17:41:45] Iron_Fist : who has the time and capacity?
[17:41:46] @ ultra_ambient : I think we should form a new team made up of those who've remained dedicated to this project
[17:42:03] @ dmaxx : I have the time, but not the capacity
[17:42:15] @ ultra_ambient : I think it's a lot easier at this point to see who is in it for the long haul
[17:42:22] @ dmaxx : I'll work behind the scenes
[17:42:33] @ dmaxx : I'm not leaving the project
[17:42:49] Iron_Fist : u_a: IMO that's just an restructured SC. and IMHO will not work either
[17:42:54] @ deejsasqui : could we come up with things that need to be done, and people can volunteer to take them on?
[17:43:11] @ dmaxx : Hey that sounds good
[17:43:27] @ dmaxx : I like that
[17:43:38] @ deejsasqui : because there were some SC members who came on and they were excited to get things done, but real life became more important for a variety of reasons
[17:43:41] Iron_Fist : unfortunately, the job I currently have won't permit me to be available a lot this summer
[17:43:47] @ deejsasqui : or we disagreed on how things should be done
[17:44:05] @ ultra_ambient : Iron Fist: True, but it would be made up of people who are more likely to stick around and contribute.
[17:44:05] @ dmaxx : A checklist of tasks sounds good
[17:44:12] @ deejsasqui : you can volunteer for something, and if you don't have enough time, step down and let someone else take over
[17:44:31] @ deejsasqui : no need for strict structure, just keep the discussions open
[17:44:56] Iron_Fist : cool, love it
[17:45:09] @ dmaxx : Letting people do things on a strict voluntary basis, godo
[17:45:13] @ dmaxx : good*
[17:45:45] Iron_Fist : but still, the most important part has to be done by coders, which we lack of
[17:46:14] @ deejsasqui : yeah - but that doesn't mean we have nothing to do
[17:46:37] @ dmaxx : If we have a decent plan we may attract some
[17:46:38] Iron_Fist : what are the tasks that could be done on voluntary basis that does not require a coder: writing submissions guidelines, ...?
[17:46:49] @ deejsasqui : i think we can make it a lot easier for an interested coder (or paid coder) to join us if we have some guidelines or detailed ideas for structure
[17:46:51] @ dmaxx : defining the fields we need
[17:47:07] @ dmaxx : defening how we take care of genres/styles
[17:47:07] @ deejsasqui : define how they interact
[17:47:10] @ dmaxx : voting system
[17:47:11] @ dmaxx : etc
[17:47:29] @ deejsasqui : what we want from the user-end (notification, voting, comments, replies, tracking)
[17:47:58] @ dmaxx : hierarchy
[17:48:04] @ dmaxx : financial and legal issues
[17:48:10] @ deejsasqui : master release =)
[17:48:34] Iron_Fist : :Smile
[17:48:43] @ deejsasqui : re: financial and legal - I think we could talk with folks at MusicBrainz
[17:49:05] Iron_Fist : hmvh wrote some nice essay on that particular subject
[17:50:38] @ dmaxx : So I suggest we make a checklist?
[17:50:41] @ deejsasqui : they seem to be the most similar, and most organized group we could rely on
[17:50:44] @ dmaxx : Of detailed tasks
[17:50:52] @ deejsasqui : sure, we've started one =)
[17:51:31] Iron_Fist : ok, that's something we could restart with
[17:52:02] @ dmaxx : I'll open a topic, is that good?
[17:52:11] Iron_Fist : sorry guys, my mom's prepared a dinner, so I'll have to leave you for several minutes
[17:52:37] @ dmaxx : Ok, enjoy
[17:52:51] @ deejsasqui : ok =)
[17:53:35] @ deejsasqui : hmvh: where is financial / legal post of yours? I'm having trouble searching the site
[17:53:51] @ deejsasqui : dmaxx: we could start brainstorming the list here
[17:54:09] @ dmaxx : Also good
[17:54:13] @ deejsasqui : 1. required fields
[17:54:41] @ dmaxx : I think we need that to be done before we can start writing RSGs
[17:54:42] @ deejsasqui : -- this will create it's own list of sub-tasks: how does each field function
[17:54:50] @ ultra_ambient : monkey
[17:54:52] @ deejsasqui : agreed
[17:55:29] @ deejsasqui : monkey face?
[17:55:31] hmvh has been disconnected the Sat 21 Jun 2008 - 17:55 (session timeout)
[17:56:11] @ ultra_ambient : Was about to be disconnected like hmvh
[17:56:29] @ dmaxx : Smile
[17:58:26] @ dmaxx : maybe we could add priorities to the tasks
[17:59:53] @ ultra_ambient : Deej: You might be able to find the post you're looking for in this list: http://discogs.actieforum.com/search.forum?search_author=hmvh
[18:01:33] @ deejsasqui : it doesn't turn up things by hmvh tho
[18:02:04] @ ultra_ambient : Yes it does. It shows everything he's posted.
[18:02:30] @ dmaxx : Could it be by asylum27 instead? http://discogs.actieforum.com/subcommittees-f20/bfl-starting-points-t256.htm
[18:02:34] @ deejsasqui : but not the threads he's started
[18:03:10] @ ultra_ambient : Yes, they are there too. Look for hmvh under 'Author'.
[18:03:56] @ deejsasqui : I thought it'd be easier to sort by things he's authored (I wanted an easy way out =)
[18:07:26] Iron_Fist has been disconnected the Sat 21 Jun 2008 - 18:07 (session timeout)
[18:08:15] @ dmaxx : Found it yet?
[18:08:24] @ deejsasqui : ok .. it seems we're losing folk
[18:08:50] @ deejsasqui : do you want to work on the checklist here?
[18:08:57] @ deejsasqui : or should we work it out in a forum thread
[18:10:12] @ ultra_ambient : I'm happy to discuss things here
[18:10:38] @ dmaxx : Me too
[18:10:40] @ dmaxx : Here
[18:10:53] @ dmaxx : We can make a topic with the final version afterwards
[18:11:26] @ deejsasqui : ok
[18:11:38] @ dmaxx : Highest priority + most realisable above
[18:11:52] @ dmaxx : I think that should be the fields
[18:12:06] @ deejsasqui : agreed
[18:13:08] @ dmaxx : 1. Defining fields (artist/release/label)
[18:13:42] @ dmaxx : next, RSGs?
[18:13:50] @ deejsasqui : and anything else associated with those fields; what kind of data would be used
[18:13:59] @ deejsasqui : ok
[18:14:04] @ dmaxx : 1a. Allowed data
[18:14:10] @ ultra_ambient : Yes, we can start writing an RSG before the site is up
[18:14:19] @ deejsasqui : which could be pretty open. my questions at this time: how to structure it?
[18:15:23] @ dmaxx : Structure the RSG?
[18:15:27] @ deejsasqui : flat file of all details like Discogs has, or tiers of detail (first level: general stuff; second level: more detail; third level: very specific cases ..)
[18:15:43] @ dmaxx : There's a basic structure in the wiki
[18:16:12] @ dmaxx : I think that can be arranged by who-ever takes on that task (which prob will be me)
[18:16:44] @ ultra_ambient : On the top level we should have the basic terms of each field
[18:16:56] @ ultra_ambient : And have links that lead to a more detailed explanation
[18:17:00] @ dmaxx : True
[18:17:06] @ deejsasqui : I think we could also let people "compete" and provide other ideas and examples
[18:17:09] @ deejsasqui : or work together
[18:17:18] @ dmaxx : It can be worked out by the person(s) with the task
[18:17:38] @ ultra_ambient : And from there we should have links to a dumbies guide to getting things done.
[18:17:39] @ dmaxx : In the wiki
[18:17:47] @ deejsasqui : yeah - I like the overview going down to finer grain. This would be helpful for new users and experienced people alike
[18:17:58] @ deejsasqui : another thing that can be done: re-organize the wiki
[18:18:01] @ dmaxx : Beginner guide is last priority IMO
[18:19:28] @ dmaxx : 1. Data
[18:19:32] @ dmaxx : 1.1. Allowed data
[18:19:39] @ dmaxx : 1.2. Defining fields (artist/release/label)
[18:19:44] @ dmaxx : 1.3. Interaction of data
[18:19:47] @ dmaxx : 2. RSG
[18:19:55] @ dmaxx : 2.1. Defening RSG structure
[18:20:03] @ dmaxx : 2.2. Writing RSGs
[18:20:07] @ dmaxx : -
[18:20:59] @ dmaxx : Is re-organising the wiki a high priority task?
[18:21:00] @ ultra_ambient : opening debates and polls on each RSG point
[18:22:39] @ dmaxx : That's a part of 2.2 IMO
[18:23:12] Iron_Fist has joined the chat the Sat 21 Jun 2008 - 18:23
[18:23:44] @ dmaxx : wb
[18:24:00] @ ultra_ambient : How about forming methods of enforcing RSG.
[18:24:13] @ deejsasqui : wiki reorganization was just another item that could be done
[18:24:38] @ dmaxx : I'll put it above the list, because many things will involve the wiki
[18:24:40] @ deejsasqui : u_a: maybe that could be part of the "personal" level
[18:24:58] @ deejsasqui : including commenting, voting, notification, etc.
[18:25:35] @ dmaxx : After the RSGs are done, I suppose we can look at the hierarchy
[18:26:12] @ dmaxx : Work with mods, editors, normal users,... and the rights/obligations coupled with it
[18:29:10] @ deejsasqui : I think we could work to outline it all now
[18:29:43] @ deejsasqui : so if someone is more interested in the hierarchy than rsg, they can start talking about that
[18:32:11] @ dmaxx : Fine for me
[18:32:33] Iron_Fist : fine for me tooo
[18:33:13] Iron_Fist : I'll have to be leaving guys. I have to mow the lawn before it starts raining, yet again.
[18:33:28] @ ultra_ambient : afro
[18:33:35] @ dmaxx : Ok, bye
[18:33:40] Iron_Fist : See ya.
[18:33:43] @ ultra_ambient : Lucky you got rain
[18:33:57] @ dmaxx : deejsasqui, what should I do with the task list ?
[18:34:08] @ dmaxx : Remove the numbers?
[18:34:11] Iron_Fist : Didn't you forget "un" before "lucky"?
[18:34:35] @ deejsasqui : I think it's fine to have the numbers
[18:34:54] @ deejsasqui : post it as is, and open it up to others to add or re-arrange as they see fit
[18:35:01] @ dmaxx : Will do
[18:35:08] Iron_Fist : have a nice day everybody, and good night to you u_a
[18:35:20] @ deejsasqui : I think there are people who are hiding out and reading the forum, but they thing we know more about this than they do .. we're just the talkative ones =)
[18:35:22] @ deejsasqui : imo
[18:35:36] @ deejsasqui : see ya IF
[18:36:03] @ ultra_ambient : Good night Iron Fist. No I meant lucky. We're not getting near enough rain here.
[18:38:14] @ dmaxx : I'll have a basic list up soon
[18:39:28] @ deejsasqui : thanks, dmaxx!
[18:39:43] @ deejsasqui : I've been copying the discussion, so I'll post a transcript when we're done
[18:39:58] @ deejsasqui : I think we're winding down. should we meet tomorrow for anything?
[18:40:38] @ dmaxx : I have copied everything as well
[18:40:41] @ dmaxx : Very Happy
[18:40:48] @ deejsasqui : ok =)
[18:40:54] @ dmaxx : Be sure to take a look at the list and correct where-ever needed
[18:41:04] @ dmaxx : Tomorrow is fine
[18:41:15] @ ultra_ambient : same Laughing
[18:41:45] @ deejsasqui : we should really look into whatever muscbrainz uses to archive their IRC discussions
[18:41:52] @ deejsasqui : I think it's done automatically
[18:42:05] @ dmaxx : Yes, maybe attend one if possible
[18:47:50] @ ultra_ambient : I'll be online tomorrow but won't be able to be on late as I am working on Monday
[18:50:09] @ dmaxx : No prob
[18:50:30] Iron_Fist has been disconnected the Sat 21 Jun 2008 - 18:50 (session timeout)
[18:50:48] @ deejsasqui : I'm on the mb chat right now ..
[18:51:01] @ deejsasqui : I'm not quite sure how to start asking questions =)
[18:51:34] @ deejsasqui : Anyhow, I'll be on tomorrow, if I can't sleep in like I couldn't today
[18:51:56] @ deejsasqui : by the way: musicbrainz irc @ irc://irc.freenode.net/musicbrainz
[18:52:22] @ ultra_ambient : Is there anything else you would like to get out of the way right now?
[18:53:16] deejsasqui shrugs
[18:54:39] @ deejsasqui : I'm good with what we have
[18:54:49] @ deejsasqui : I'll be geeking out on a few forums today it seems
[18:55:18] @ ultra_ambient : That's good 'cause I'm starting to get tired
[18:55:41] @ dmaxx : I have posted a basic task list
[18:55:45] @ deejsasqui : ok =)
[18:55:50] @ deejsasqui : thanks dmaxx
[18:55:54] @ dmaxx : All feedback on it welcome, also feel free to edit
[18:55:59] @ deejsasqui : who wants to post the chat?
[18:56:10] @ deejsasqui : I'll mirror it on the wiki
[18:56:19] @ deejsasqui : it = basic task list
[18:56:23] @ dmaxx : I'll post it no problem
[18:56:56] @ dmaxx : I suppose this was chatsession 7
[18:57:09] @ ultra_ambient : I tyhink that
[18:57:15] @ ultra_ambient : I think that's what we're up to
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.discogs.com/user/dmaxx
dmaxx
Admin, Manager


Number of posts : 908
Age : 28
Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: SC chatsession 7: 2008-06-21   Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:11 pm

[18:59:22] quisquilia has joined the chat the Sat 21 Jun 2008 - 18:59
[18:59:33] @ deejsasqui : thanks again dmaxx!
[18:59:35] @ deejsasqui : howdy quis
[18:59:43] @ quisquilia : oh, hi, there's a chat tody
[18:59:49] @ dmaxx : That's done
[18:59:51] @ quisquilia : hi to all
[19:00:00] @ dmaxx : Hi quisquilla
[19:00:07] @ dmaxx : We where just about to stop
[19:00:17] @ dmaxx : But we've managed to get some progress today
[19:00:25] @ dmaxx : Made a task list
[19:00:39] @ quisquilia : well, my timing's never been great :-D
[19:00:44] @ dmaxx : Tomorrow will be another session
[19:00:49] @ dmaxx : No prob
[19:00:55] @ quisquilia : gonna read the chat session tonight
[19:01:10] @ quisquilia : see to join tomorrow's
[19:02:25] @ deejsasqui : we might try to start at 3 GMT
[19:02:43] @ dmaxx : I'll be here asap
[19:02:45] @ deejsasqui : er, I think it's 3pm GMT? two hours earlier than it is now, but tomorrow =)
[19:03:05] @ dmaxx : I think it's a bit lat
[19:03:20] @ dmaxx : I think other ppl wanted it to start earlier
[19:03:29] @ dmaxx : Current time - 4, does that work?
[19:03:30] @ ultra_ambient : That means 1am here
[19:03:48] @ dmaxx : 3 pm here
[19:03:53] @ dmaxx : Hm, not handy
[19:04:05] @ quisquilia : 3 pm GMT = 4 here in continental Europe?
[19:04:27] @ ultra_ambient : It's 3 am now
[19:04:34] @ dmaxx : I'm from Europe, it's 19.04 here
[19:04:51] @ dmaxx : But I'm awake between 16.00 and 7.00 daily
[19:05:07] @ quisquilia : yep, dmaxx, here, too
[19:05:14] @ dmaxx : Ok
[19:05:22] @ ultra_ambient : You stay awake overnight?
[19:05:31] @ dmaxx : Anyway, I'll check it out now and then tomorrow
[19:05:32] @ dmaxx : Yes
[19:05:35] @ dmaxx : Smile
[19:05:45] @ quisquilia : so tomorrow I'll log in at 16:00 tomorrow
[19:05:58] @ dmaxx : Good, I'll be here
[19:05:59] @ quisquilia : bye dmaxx
[19:06:01] @ ultra_ambient : Do you work night shift or something?
[19:06:16] @ dmaxx : Nah, just love the night
[19:06:50] @ quisquilia : ok, bye, see you tomorrow
[19:06:51] @ ultra_ambient : Night owl
[19:07:08] @ dmaxx : Yeah Smile
[19:07:18] @ dmaxx : Bye all
[19:07:37] @ ultra_ambient : Goodnight Dmaxx
[19:07:46] @ quisquilia : how do I leave this???
[19:07:49] @ dmaxx : Cheers
[19:08:00] quisquilia is Disconnected on Sat 21 Jun 2008 - 19:08
[19:08:02] @ dmaxx : "Log out"
[19:08:04] @ deejsasqui : 'ello?
[19:08:06] @ dmaxx : He found it
[19:08:18] @ deejsasqui : my effin' cable modem cut out
[19:08:47] @ dmaxx : We'll meet again tomorrow at 16.00 cet
[19:08:53] @ deejsasqui : OK
[19:08:58] @ dmaxx : Which is this time - 3 hours
[19:09:00] @ deejsasqui : I'll be in as soon as I can
[19:09:09] @ dmaxx : Great, cheers
[19:13:11] @ ultra_ambient : OK, I'm going ot put myself to bed now
[19:13:25] @ ultra_ambient : It's been great talking to you guys
[19:13:36] @ ultra_ambient : Enjoy the est of your weekend
[19:13:52] @ dmaxx : Thanks, you too
[19:14:11] @ deejsasqui : sleep well
[19:14:29] @ ultra_ambient : I will. Seeya guys
[19:16:10] ultra_ambient is Disconnected on Sat 21 Jun 2008 - 19:16
[19:25:28] deejsasqui is Disconnected on Sat 21 Jun 2008 - 19:25
[19:25:42] Masakari has joined the chat the Sat 21 Jun 2008 - 19:25
[19:30:14] dmaxx has been disconnected the Sat 21 Jun 2008 - 19:30 (session timeout)


Last edited by dmaxx on Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.discogs.com/user/dmaxx
hmvh

avatar

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: SC chatsession 7: 2008-06-21   Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:19 pm

Sorry guys, had to rush off due to a minor crisis. Will try to be in for the chat tomorrow.
Good to see things are moving again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hmvh.net
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: SC chatsession 7: 2008-06-21   

Back to top Go down
 
SC chatsession 7: 2008-06-21
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Bible Verse of the Day 2008
» Stevie Wonder DVD Live at the AEG Arena London 2008
» Killamanjaro Live In Canada Bootleg (2008)
» Aba Shanti & Cultural Warriors: Bristol. 25th April 2008
» Jah Shaka: Silverspoons, Wembley. 2008

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DiscographyDB :: Steering Committee :: Main-
Jump to: