DiscographyDB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DiscographyDB

Make your voice be heard by joining our weekly Saturday chatsessions!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Invitations to this forum?

Go down 
+48
brajoapau
MR_E
neocactar
deejsasqui
Dimple
weasle
asylum27
czarwa
djtmaroon
Mop66
forxe
corne_mo
ihall
Shir-Khan
drcscape
hafler3o
elisel
kwulf
Adversus
eliks_postindustry
blach
Hannesl
fleshmeatdoll
Ganjoe_Rood
pusha
Dec
balcony_smoker
0x00
mitsou
Iron_Fist
marcelrecords
keir
Horoma
Dennis_G_Druzhin
ddadav
MIKE-H
baalofconfusion
avvy
goemon
sombunya
SJH
little_alien
pano4423_004
dj_purity_control
Josephschembri
dmaxx
azzurro
Stormbringer
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
drcscape

drcscape

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Invitations to this forum? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Invitations to this forum?   Invitations to this forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 5:16 pm

I joined too. Excited to see what this may lead to.
Back to top Go down
Shir-Khan

Shir-Khan

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Invitations to this forum?   Invitations to this forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 5:26 pm

Ahoi.

For a bit of introduction: submitted a lot in v2, submitted even more and modded in v3 (don't really remember when exactly I was made a mod, maybe around the end of v2), not 'rating' any more in v4. Wasn't much of a forum goer (neither I am now), but like submitting releases with many credits. Smile

And doing some reading up here right now for some time.
Back to top Go down
ihall

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Invitations to this forum?   Invitations to this forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 6:57 pm

Greetings, everyone. I received the invite from dmaxx awhile ago and more recently, I was invited by tony.lee and darkwave. Meant to join up here shortly after the v4 debacle, but had been too saddened and unmotivated to do much. Glad to join now, though, and it is reassuring to know that so many folks are still dedicated to building a resource devoted to accurate recording of discographical information.

My Discogs history in brief...introduced to the site by darkwave during the fall of '06. Fell in love instantly and began submitting in earnest. Quickly ran up against the maximum v2 sub limit after learning how to properly format and annotate my submissions. Was initially irritated by the limit, but figured it was a necessary evil, as I was a fast study but still took a bit of time to learn how to properly submit items. Was promoted to moderator shortly before the big push to add new mods during the ramp-up to v3. Was initially horrified by v3 and the rash of "yellow turds" but eventually saw this as a reasonable compromise for those who were simply interested in using the marketplace and those (like myself) who used the site to index collections and sought to add as much accurate data as possible in the name of building a universal resource. Anticipated trouble when talk of v4 started brewing, but could not possibly have anticipated how utterly insupportable it would be. Spent the first couple of days trying to police items in my collection, but quickly lost the motivation to do so. Currently hoping very much that a new site will emerge that is truly devoted to being a source of accurate information for music lovers, as opposed to just being another music marketplace.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/puppykisser
corne_mo
Admin, Manager

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Invitations to this forum?   Invitations to this forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 9:37 pm

Hi guys, joined too today after Little Alien made a comment in a direction someone else posted the link. Hope this will lead to a DB.
Back to top Go down
forxe

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Invitations to this forum?   Invitations to this forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 10:46 pm

Ahoy, hoy, I too joined after the link was posted on the moderator forum. Altough I never was active on the forums I was a moderator for about 2 years or so.
Back to top Go down
Mop66

Mop66

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Invitations to this forum?   Invitations to this forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:12 pm

Hi,
I hope it's ok I am here. I found a link somewhere (maybe by googling) and thought I join though not specifically invited. Today I received an invitation from halfer3o (sort of my mentor on Discogs)..but I was already a member.

I forgot to add: I am/was/will not be not a mod (or voter) in Discogs just an ordinary member, having fun of sharing my collection with others. My musical taste is quite widespread but I am for sure not one of the biggest electronic styles guy but more popular, (hard) rock, mainstream , AOR orientated. I hope you are open for that. Question
Back to top Go down
dmaxx
Admin, Manager

Number of posts : 908
Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Invitations to this forum?   Invitations to this forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:38 pm

Mop66 wrote:
My musical taste is quite widespread but I am for sure not one of the biggest electronic styles guy but more popular, (hard) rock, mainstream , AOR orientated. I hope you are open for that. Question
We are open for every style Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.discogs.com/user/dmaxx
djtmaroon

djtmaroon

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Invitations to this forum?   Invitations to this forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:42 pm

Hey guys, former mod who contributed over 1350 releases in discogs (in 1 & 1/2 years) and more than willing to help build a db from scratch (even if it kills me Smile).

Peace

djtmaroon
Back to top Go down
czarwa

czarwa

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Invitations to this forum?   Invitations to this forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:47 pm

Hello! So here I am too.

Hoping for something even more special than v3.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
asylum27

asylum27

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Invitations to this forum?   Invitations to this forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 3:03 am

Mop66 wrote:

I forgot to add: I am/was/will not be not a mod (or voter) in Discogs just an ordinary member, having fun of sharing my collection with others. My musical taste is quite widespread but I am for sure not one of the biggest electronic styles guy but more popular, (hard) rock, mainstream , AOR orientated. I hope you are open for that. Question

That just what is needed.....Mop66 you may not have been a a mod but you were a pretty informed user on Discogs IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.simongrigg.info
weasle

weasle

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Invitations to this forum?   Invitations to this forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 11:52 am

Hello everyone!!!

Posted a few things in here now, am very interested in this new concept as i've been very MIA since V4 on the "other" site.

Contributed quite a bit under V2 and V3, moded on v2 and V3.

Still keeping an eye on my collection in V4 but not really contibuting much there now, still got a lot of obscure rock stuff to add.

Will help as much as i can.....usd to do quite a bit of research helpingon artist names as written-By.

Cheers

Chris
Back to top Go down
Dimple

Dimple

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Invitations to this forum?   Invitations to this forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:13 pm

I saw the link in discogs, recognized the names on the front page here and registered an account yesterday.

I have only been a mod for about 5 or so months. I have contributed 308 releases, made several updates to both artists, labels and releases as well as adding images. I had a rank of 2055, so I'm not really a big shot in comparison to most of you guys.

I'd love being able to keep my collection in order in a database with correct data.

I'm happy you guys really are trying to start a new site, and I hope I can be helpful in some way to.
Back to top Go down
deejsasqui
Admin, Manager
deejsasqui

Number of posts : 979

PostSubject: Re: Invitations to this forum?   Invitations to this forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:40 pm

I've been using Discogs since 2003, and got more involved when [my first submission] was denied for improper caps (I just copied what was on the sleeve =) Stormbringer invited me to be a mod, a few months after I was vocal in the forums, and I've been active in waves. Clearly not focused enough to get a lot done by way of subbing, as many new users have out-stripped my rank and submission list in a few months, but I use Discogs as a reference point. I've gotten pretty bad with buying used music on eBay recently, filling up my twice-augmented shelving system, partially with releases I've bought because of discogs comments and votes, partially because I wanted to add more information into thin release pages Wink

I got excited pre v4 for the guideline updates, hoping things were on the mend. I rather like a number of elements from v3, but the site is a mess now, and I'm venting a lot on the forums there now. I'm generally an optimistic person, so it was sad to mark my X on the return to v3 thread.

But I'm excited for efforts here to make a new, more open site. There were so many good ideas that went nowhere on Discogs, and we can learn from our mistakes there. Onwards and upwards!
Back to top Go down
http://www.distort.us
Mop66

Mop66

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Invitations to this forum?   Invitations to this forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 2:59 am

asylum27 wrote:

That just what is needed.....Mop66 you may not have been a a mod but you were a pretty informed user on Discogs IMO.

Thanks for seeing it that way, I am flattered Very Happy
Back to top Go down
neocactar

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Invitations to this forum?   Invitations to this forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 4:56 am

Joined after the link posted in the mod forums. I don't have much in the way of programming skills but I'll be happy to help build/moderate a new database.

I really liked the feel of Discogs when I originally joined: Super-simple layout, but everything still linked up, so that's sort of what I'd like to see in a new site. Never really submitted a huge amount of releases because I'm on a limited budget (aka lazy college student), and rarely got stuff that wasn't already in the database, but I did like working with the database through edits and moderating.

Haven't done much since V4 tho...
Back to top Go down
http://www.discogs.com/user/neocactar
MR_E

Number of posts : 113

PostSubject: Re: Invitations to this forum?   Invitations to this forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 5:02 am

Is anyone inviting people who post in the anti-v4 threads? I've done a few...
Back to top Go down
brajoapau

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Invitations to this forum?   Invitations to this forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 3:37 pm

Thx for the invite! Wink

Brief introduction:
Joined Discogs v3 4,5 months ago.
Just a member, not a moderator or editor.
My musical taste vary from Dutch/Belgian artists to Pop/Rock/Electronic artists.
Back to top Go down
coldy

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: Invitations to this forum?   Invitations to this forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 8:32 pm

Yeah, Mr. E!

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
corne_mo
Admin, Manager

PostSubject: Re: Invitations to this forum?   Invitations to this forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 9:27 pm

I don't think mayday will come here. See this post from the moderator forum. la-voie-du-sabre neither. See the same topic.
Back to top Go down
dmaxx
Admin, Manager

PostSubject: Re: Invitations to this forum?   Invitations to this forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 9:40 pm

Maybe they will join us on a later stage, when they'll see things are better here Smile
Back to top Go down
deejsasqui
Admin, Manager
deejsasqui

PostSubject: Re: Invitations to this forum?   Invitations to this forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 10:24 pm

la-voie-du-sabre wrote:

mayday wrote:

There no way I'm going to spend 1000s more hrs on another site.
neither am i. however we wouldn't be starting from scratch, like in 2001. i'm no computer wiz but it shouldn't be that hard to leach or withdraw correct data - or what's left of it

it's already discussed in the appropriate place

I'd say la-voie-du-sabre sounds relatively interested in porting data somewhere, and he might have thought of this site? Maybe another?
Back to top Go down
Horoma

Horoma

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Invitations to this forum?   Invitations to this forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 11:47 pm

corne_mo wrote:
I don't think mayday will come here. See this post from the moderator forum. la-voie-du-sabre neither. See the same topic.

You may be right about mayday, though he might eventually change his mind. La-voie-du-sabre is already a member here for some time. He may not be very active, it shows he does have some interest. Wink
Back to top Go down
corne_mo
Admin, Manager

PostSubject: Re: Invitations to this forum?   Invitations to this forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 8:26 am

^Sorry. I didn't check the members list to verify. ;-)
Back to top Go down
deejsasqui
Admin, Manager
deejsasqui

PostSubject: Re: Invitations to this forum?   Invitations to this forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 7:16 pm

More links to this site have been dropped in various places. There doesn't seem to be a shortage of hard feelings for v4 and the loss of discogs, even from the casual users.
Back to top Go down
Mergi

Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Invitations to this forum?   Invitations to this forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 7:10 pm

I was never invited to this forum... sorry for trespassing! Should I nuke my account?
Back to top Go down
deejsasqui
Admin, Manager
deejsasqui

PostSubject: Re: Invitations to this forum?   Invitations to this forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 7:52 pm

Mergi: you appreciate Steve Reich, it's cool =)
Back to top Go down
dmaxx
Admin, Manager

PostSubject: Re: Invitations to this forum?   Invitations to this forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 12:31 am

Mergi wrote:
Should I nuke my account?
NO! Please feel welcome! The discussion of keeping the DB closed for non-mods is over since long, everything is very welcome to join our team!
Back to top Go down
Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist

Number of posts : 201

PostSubject: Re: Invitations to this forum?   Invitations to this forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 5:46 am

dmaxx wrote:
Mergi wrote:
NO! Please feel welcome! The discussion of keeping the DB closed for non-mods is over since long, everything is very welcome to join our team!
Everything? Robots are welcome too? Wink
Back to top Go down
asylum27

asylum27

Number of posts : 342

PostSubject: Re: Invitations to this forum?   Invitations to this forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 6:47 am

Iron_Fist wrote:
dmaxx wrote:
Mergi wrote:
Everything? Robots are welcome too? Wink

Damn, and here I was thinking I was elitist!
Back to top Go down
http://www.simongrigg.info
Mergi

Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Invitations to this forum?   Invitations to this forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 2:03 am

OK. Well, then I better start digging through the threads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Invitations to this forum?   Invitations to this forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Invitations to this forum?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next